Depression is a mental health disorder that can affect people in different ways, and it’s important to note that everyone’s experience with depression is unique. However, some common symptoms of depression include:
- Feelings of sadness, hopelessness, or emptiness
- Loss of interest in activities that were once enjoyable
- Fatigue or loss of energy
- Difficulty sleeping or oversleeping
- Changes in appetite and weight
- Difficulty concentrating or making decisions
- Feelings of worthlessness or guilt
- Thoughts of suicide or self-harm
- Irritability or restlessness
- Physical symptoms such as headaches or stomach aches.
It’s important to seek professional help if you or someone you know is experiencing symptoms of depression. A mental health professional can provide an accurate diagnosis and develop a treatment plan that is tailored to individual needs.