What is an EAP? EAP stands for Employee Assistance Program and it is a benefit that companies offer to their employees.
1. Your employees may be struggling with problems they aren’t comfortable sharing – that’s why there’s EAP. Employee Assistance Programs provide confidential counseling services and help for employees.
2. EAP covers immediate family members too, so your employees and their families can find help and healing.
3. A person can call EAP and talk on the phone or start an online session, anytime. 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
4. When an individual goes to EAP, they can talk openly about any problems they’re facing, and it’s all confidential. After the individual shares their needs or struggles, an EAP Counselor will assess their situation and provide counseling. Our counselors will also connect them to community resources and outside help, if necessary.
5. EAP is free for your employees and their family members. If a counselor refers them to services that cost money, they will tell them about the cost.
6. EAP can educate your workplace, so employees and supervisors can recognize signs of a co-worker in distress and respond appropriately.
7. EAP offers individual, couple, or family counseling sessions. Individuals or families can receive up to 8 sessions per issue.
8. An Employee Assistance Program helps employee retention. When you treat your employees appropriately they tend to become ambassadors for your company or brand.
9. EAP offers additional services for your workplace, including:
- Quarterly training on a variety of topics
- Case management
- Coaching, consultation, and mediation services
- Conflict resolution
- Critical Incident Stress Debriefings
EAP is an easy Benefit to add to your business. Contact us today to find out how to get started. email@example.com or call 816.500.2070